Saturday, January 9, 2016

Chapter Seven: The Story Goes On

After God provided for my October school payment, I went to bed joyous over the love and faithfulness He had shown me. Each time I pondered His love, it brought me to tears. I could not even understand how He could be so good to me over and over again. It seemed to good to be true. Little did I know what He would do next.

I woke up the next morning at my normal time, ready for another day of school and more school. As I started preparing for my day, I noticed an envelope slipped under my door with my name on it. I picked it up, intrigued as to what it might be. I opened it and read the note inside, "From a [friend] who cares about your education..." I wondered what might be inside the envelope, so I opened it further and took a look. 

"No way! NO WAY! Oh my goodness! OH MY GOSH! What?"

My roommate looked up, wondering what I was freaking out about. "What? What's in it?"

"A hundred and fifty dollars!!!"

"What? No way!"

"I KNOW!"

For the one hundredth time, I was speechless at God's goodness to me. He had provided for me more times than I could count. It was no longer just a one time thing. It had become a pattern in my life. He had taught me over and over to trust Him, and when my trust started to falter He took my hand and gave me a gentle reminder of His faithfulness. 

Still, I am overwhelmed with gratitude to my heavenly Father whenever I think of how faithful He has been to me.

And it is still not easy to trust Him, when I don't have a plan B. Each time it takes more faith and dependence on Him. 

Still, I don't have a job. I've applied to many. I've even had many promising job interviews, but each time God closed the door. 

I still do not have enough money for my next school payment, but I trust that God will provide just enough money in just enough time. Because He cares for me. And He has called me out on the water to walk towards Him in faith.

But I'm kind of excited to see how He will provide for my next payment! Aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment